Thursday, June 24, 2010

Week #2 – Full Day #3

Today I woke up really missing hubby. I just felt like curling up with him and getting a hug, but obviously no hubby, and the kitties were not having any of the cuddles. I felt like crying this morning, and really didn’t want to get out of bed.

Dusty was just as pesty today as yesterday, but he tried different tactics this time. Yeah, nice try Dust – those tactics only got you kicked off the bed and out of the room today! Instead of going for my head today, he went for my feet and our nice, not-so-cheap comforter that I wanted since we moved and finally got on sale just before winter (it’s still on the bed because it looks nice and I get chilly sometimes overnight with the AC on). He was digging incessantly at my feet, then tried biting my toe, and finally settled for attacking the comforter with his teeth and rear claws. I thought he was going to destroy it! And since I was in no mood to get out of bed this morning, he landed himself in the hallway behind a shut door.

When I finally did get up, the Wii fit was actually nice to me this morning – 0.9 pound difference from yesterday! After what I ate for dinner and how late I ate it last night, I really didn’t think there would be a good difference in my weight today. That was a nice surprise.

I had trouble finding my motivation again today. I have a lot I wanted to do this week, and really haven’t done any of it yet – I’ve been feeling blah, and that doesn’t make for a motivated me. I decided I needed to do something about it today though, so I wrote a list…..a fairly long list. I knew I wouldn’t accomplish everything on the list by the end of today, but at least I have a list now, and I thought that might be good motivation, since it feels great to me when I accomplish things and get to cross something off. I managed to cross off 4 things. Tomorrow’s another day, but I won’t have as much time to get things done due to going out and about with my parents.

I missed our patio furniture delivery today. I thought the stuff was going to come by Monday, and still wasn’t here as of yesterday. Today they decided to deliver it immediately after hopping in the shower, so now I signed their little slip and hopefully I’ll see it tomorrow. I’m going out with my parents tomorrow to purchase our canopied pergola. We will then be almost fully furnished for our patio – we just need the patio itself now! We bought almost all the stuff we wanted to put out there already, even though the patio hasn’t been started yet, because apparently the end of the season for the stuff is now already, and we were already starting to have trouble accumulating these items. The pergola is on clearance now at $180 off the regular price, so we’re getting while the getting is available. I’ll do a patio post another time though.

Tonight I watched the new “Fame” movie. When it first came out and I saw the previews, I wasn’t so sure I wanted to watch it at all. I just kept thinking it looked weird, and how could they screw up “Fame”. I was very wrong – I loved it! The music is awesome (my twirling and dancing ears were active throughout the entire movie!), and they kept the general concept of the original without simply just copying it. So, on that note – have any of you watched it? What do you think about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading - happy to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails