Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Week #2 – Full Day #1

My hubby is away this week, back in NJ for work, if you didn’t read earlier posts about it. This is the second week he’s gone since we moved into this house in PA, and today was the first full day home alone without him. My kitties are wondering where hubby is, Dusty hasn’t been eating as much, and Jasper hangs around me and cries even more than usual. Thankfully my parents live 5 minutes away, so I spend more time with them to not feel as lonely.

Today, after sleeping in a little (since when hubby is not here, I tend to put off going to bed as long as possible), I watched a little TV, cleaned up the dirty dishes, and went to get ready for the day. Once I was all ready, I went to my parents to go get the grill that is our anniversary present (thanks again Mom and Dad!), do some grocery shopping for dinner tonight, and pick up my FREE redbox movie. I was making my Taco Turkey Burgers for my dad (Mom is picky and hardly eats anything good, with flavor, at all!), and after dinner my mom picked “Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squekquel” to watch. I saw it in theaters already, but definitely wanted to watch it again. My parents loved it – they even stayed awake for the entire thing (which if you knew them personally, you would know is a major accomplishment)! My poor dad, who just had hernia surgery last week, was hurting himself while watching the movie – he couldn’t stop laughing, and then to make it worse, my mom decided to get comfy on the little sofa, and I laughed so hard I cried! If you would have seen her, and know how she usually sits, you would have been rolling on the floor too!

They left here about 10:30ish, and now the quiet aloneness sets in. Jaspy is finally done crying at me for the moment and is passed out in the doorway. Who knows where Dusty is now. I’ll be headed to bed shortly, but will most likely watch some TV again first. I’m thinking I’ll catch up on “Persons Unknown” since it’s on demand for free, and my dad piqued my interest in it. Anyone else watching it? Is it good?

I wasn’t very motivated today to get any crafting done, so hopefully tomorrow is better for that. Michaels has an awesome coupon this week (20% off entire purchase, including sale items, all week long), and even though I know I shouldn’t buy more craft supplies, I’m so tempted to with that great coupon. I have new ideas and projects I’d like to try (wood and decoupage are in there), but I also feel like I shouldn’t buy more when I wasn’t motivated to accomplish something with the stuff I already have here. Oh, what to do, what to do?!?

Anyway, I thought I would do my posts like this one this week, because I know my hubby reads this, so it’s my way of sharing my days with him while he’s gone. We do talk on the phone, but I want to do this too, and it’s my blog, so I can! Thanks for reading….this week is a little hard for me, and I still want to post, but as I said, I’m feeling unmotivated at the moment, so this is what you get. Maybe tomorrow something more exciting will happen – can’t imagine it getting any less exciting than today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading - happy to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails