Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Hi, I am now a “Gleek”…

glee Well, I don’t know if I really am, but I just got into the show “Glee”.  I never really got totally into it when it first started last year, but I had seen a few snippets of it here and there, and I constantly hear about the show and the music from a lot of people I know, so I found out Fox is re-showing the season throughout the summer and thought I would give it a go.

I have watched the pilot episode and “Showmance” now so far, and I really enjoyed both episodes!  I look forward to hearing their versions of the songs, and now I even listen with my “twirling” ear.  I volunteer with a baton twirling and dance group, and I was a member of said group since the age of 5, so a lot of times when I hear music, I think about how it could be used for a routine, if it would even be good for one, and I even start to choreograph to it in my head sometimes.  I have started to do that with the music from “Glee”.  So far, I really like “Halo/Walking on Sunshine”.  I haven’t seen it in an episode yet, but I heard it and really like their version of those two songs and how they put them together.  It’s very upbeat and fun.  :)

I do not like Will’s wife, Terri.  Not one bit.  Did you ever have a character in a show or movie really get under your skin and rub you the wrong way, so much so that you even give the TV nasty looks when they come on screen?  Well, she does that to me.  The way she acts like she’s so entitled to everything, and manipulates Will the way she does really irritates me.  Now, I’ve only seen two episodes, so whether that changes or not, I don’t know.  But I dislike her a lot.

So, any of you reading this consider yourself a “Gleek”?  Who’s your favorite character, or what’s your favorite song?  I do have one request though – no episode spoilers!  I know season 1 has come to an end, but I’m a little slow and haven’t gotten past episode 2 yet, so please don’t spoil the fun for me.

*photo courtesy of Fox.com – it’s actually one of their free wallpaper downloads*

1 comment:

Thanks for reading - happy to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails