Sunday, August 29, 2010

Good News! I Love My Neighbors!

First things first, we had an awesome time at our very first block party yesterday!  Unfortunately, not every single neighbor was able to be there, but we got to meet almost all of everyone else, and I like our neighbors very much!   :)   After yesterday, I am even happier about where we live now compared to a year ago.  As many issues, big or small, we’ve had with a brand new house, I love our neighborhood and am very grateful to have such nice neighbors.  I absolutely love not sharing walls with anyone anymore, and no one is obnoxious, loud, or downright crazy.  We all just got together in between a couple of the houses, grilled some hamburgers and hot dogs, everyone brought 2 additional side dishes, and we all just got to know each other and even played a game of men vs. women in volleyball.  We (women) lost, but it was still a lot of fun!  And one of my side dishes was a big hit – I made Peanut Butter Truffle Brownies, for the first time ever.  Sooo gooood!!!  All in all, a great day – we even watched some of our newest neighbors move in!  (Yes, one of the guys offered a hand, but they must have had 6 people moving 2 truckloads of stuff that no one thinks will all fit into the smallest house on the street.)  I even found out one of our neighbors is an Athletic Trainer too.  If you read my about me page, you know that’s what I went to college for, started my career life as, and decided to give up a few years ago.  It was nice to talk to someone else in the field and make a connection if I ever decide to get back into that line of work someday though.

The good news is our patio will finally get started tomorrow!  I am so excited!  We’ve been working things out, doing all the preliminary stuff, and waiting all summer long, and tomorrow is finally the day to get it all started.  Our landscaper, who is also a friend, came this evening to mark the spot off, and leave his small forklift here to be able to unload the stone tomorrow.  We’re doing an EP Henry paver patio, 15’x34’ (quite large!), with Village Square stone in pewter blend color laid in a random pattern, a Brickstone border in charcoal color, and a stone step in gray with charcoal Bullnose stones.  Once it’s completed, we already have everything to furnish it except the fire bowl.  One side of the patio will have a pergola with a canopy that we bought at Target and our dining table and chairs underneath, and the other side will be the grill area with the fire bowl and extra chairs.  I don’t know how long it will take to complete, but it looks as though I will definitely have enough of fall yet to enjoy it this year!   :)

That’s all for now – I hope everyone had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading - happy to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails