Thursday, June 9, 2011

Seriously?! Thursday

Seriously?!  USPS – I have a PO Box for my craft stuff, and for my Tiny Twinkle Toes business stuff (in order to keep my home address unknown to strangers).  Apparently my renewal on it was due by the 31st of May, and I don’t keep track of that enough to just know all by myself with no reminder.  Usually I get a reminder e-mail from them of when it is due, ahead of time, as well as a notice in the box.  This time?  An e-mail telling me it was overdue/late and if I didn’t pay in the next 4 days, they would close it and it would no longer be mine!  I double checked my old e-mails from them, and the box itself – I usually got a payment reminder early…not this time in either case.  I use USPS because otherwise, what else am I supposed to do?  But seriously?!  They aggravate me to no end a lot of times!

Seriously?!  I bought a new watch from Wal-Mart, since my lovely Eeyore one got hit with a baton and cracked the crystal.  A “big girl” watch as Hubby called it, since it didn’t have Eeyore on it for the first time in many, many years.  I read the instructions on how to set the time, date and moon phase.  I set the correct time, the correct date, and checked the moon phase so I could set that appropriately.  When I tried to set the moon phase, it moved a little, then stopped moving to the next one.  Broken.  I’m not paying full price for and keeping a semi-broken watch – so I had to take it back.  Problem is, when I bought it, it was the only one like that that I saw.  Now what do I do for a watch – I’m very picky with what I wear.  Seriously, just my luck…

Seriously?!  I had my sizing ultrasound last night at just one day short of being 38 weeks along in this pregnancy.  When I scheduled the appointment, the woman told me I had to drink 32 oz. of water an hour before the appointment time.  What?!?  I had to do that before when it was earlier in the pregnancy, but at 38 weeks??  I can barely hold 8 oz. of fluid for even just one hour, not an hour plus the time it takes to do the ultrasound!  That’s just ridiculously impossible…it was unbearable when I went for my 20 week gender ultrasound.  Turned out that I didn’t really need to have anything in my bladder, which is good, because in waiting for the tech, I just couldn’t wait for the bathroom any longer!  I was also expecting to be told that the baby was measuring somewhere around 9 pounds already and to expect to birth a 10+ pound baby – estimates can be up to 12 oz. off in either direction, but it looks like Bean is measuring around 7lb. 9oz. (gestational age at 38w3d)!  Not so bad!

Seriously?!  The heat.  It went up to well over 90 degrees today, and tomorrow is supposed to be worse, with 50% humidity.  I have things that need to be accomplished outside, and there’s no way it’s getting done in weather like that!  Also, the baton group has a performance tomorrow evening (where one group of girls will be performing a fire routine!) – I hope we all make it through and no one passes out!  I am going to try to remember to take some ice packs and cold squirt bottles, but I tend to be forgetful lately, so we’ll see if I actually do that.  My ankles are definitely going to be swollen tomorrow night!

I think that’s all I have for this week.  Hope you all have AC or cooler temps where you are!

3 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm your newest follower. Stopping by from Seriously Thursday

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Eeyore too. I'm a new follower over from Seriously Thursday. I love this hop. New follower on your blog too ! Glad to hear the Bean is going to be sprouting "well done"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! I couldn't e-mail you both back, so I hope you see this. Glad to hear from you, and thanks for following!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading - happy to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails