Tuesday, September 7, 2010

TV is a harsh mistress…

Or so my hubby says.  I watch a lot of TV.  I don’t usually get to watch anything when it actually airs.  I have to figure out what to record, where I can record it (DVR box, DVD player, upstairs VCR) if things overlap.  Thursdays are always tough – why do all the channels pick Thursday as their favorite day?  At least to air all the shows I like.  I even have to type up a schedule of season premieres and regular show times for the season, or else I get all confused (especially since a lot of the shows I watch are changing their regular nights to different ones!).  So, because I type up schedules, and have to figure out my recordings like I’m figuring out a vacation itinerary or child’s school schedule, hubby says “TV is a harsh mistress…”.

Here is my season premiere list:

TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 14TH

One Tree Hill – 8pm, CW

WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 15TH

Survivor – 8pm, CBS

THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 16TH

The Apprentice – 10pm, NBC

MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 20TH

House – 8pm, FOX

Dancing with the Stars – 8pm, ABC

Two and a Half Men – 9pm, CBS

TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 21ST

Glee – 8pm, FOX

Raising Hope – 9pm, FOX

THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 23RD

Bones – 8pm, FOX

Big Bang Theory – 8pm, CBS

$#*! My Dad Says – 8:30pm, CBS

Fringe – 9pm, FOX

CSI: - 9pm, CBS

Outsourced – 9:30pm, NBC

FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 24TH

Supernatural – 9pm, CW

CSI: NY – 9pm, CBS

SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 26TH

Amazing Race – 8:30pm, CBS

Desperate Housewives – 9pm, ABC

And I’m not even caught up on previous seasons of “House” yet, so we’ve been getting them through Netflix as fast as we possibly can.  I’m not really sure what exactly to do when it starts if we’re not 100% caught up on the old shows yet, because I don’t really have the DVR or DVD space to record and save them until we do get caught up.  This is an abbreviated list too, since “Lost”, “Ghost Whisperer” and “Heroes” were canceled and “V” won’t start airing until later in the regular season.  Hubby also watches “Star Wars: Clone Wars” on Cartoon Network, which is not on the list, but I just remembered it needs to be added.

There are a bunch of new series on here that looked funny, so my list might get shortened if I find out these shows are terrible.

So, is this a lot of TV?  Do you watch this much, and what are your favorite shows?

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Survivor! I completely forgot about the season premier! Thank you for reminding me, I'm a complete addict (though apparently not enough since I let this slip from my memory).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrie - hopefully you see this comment! I couldn't respond via e-mail. It doesn't help that they changed the day of the week! And if you haven't been watching much of CBS right now, you don't really see the commercials either. Enjoy the new season - young versus old this time! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading - happy to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails