Thursday, July 1, 2010

Thursday Five!

Thursday Five
Happy July!

Happy

Giddy

Joyful

Excited

Appreciative
 

My five “happy’s” for the week:

  1. The baton twirling group I was a member of from the ages of 5-26, and now help out as an instructor, had a performance tonight.  I didn’t get to watch much of the show, but I was helping out with the behind-the-scenes and “stage crew” stuff, and that feels good.  It gives me a sense of feeling useful and accomplished.
  2. I got to see my athletic training mentor at the show tonight too!  I haven’t seen her in at least 4 years, and I didn’t really get the chance to go have a conversation with her, but I found her on Facebook, sent a friend request and a message, and maybe we can get her adorable little girl to give the group a try and sign up!  I was nervous to see her before, when we first moved back to the area, since I’m not in the sports medicine field anymore, but I have come to terms with my life and decisions, and I don’t feel so nervous to talk to her now.
  3. I will be collaborating on a new baton routine with another instructor for some of the newer members (high school age group), and I am super excited to start that (as well as very appreciative for the opportunity)!  I’m not used to working with that age group for a group routine, but they are good girls and eager to learn, so I think they will end up with a great routine and will shine in the shows just like all the other members.  I’ve been helping out in practices as needed, but haven’t had the chance to really be creative since I came back, and now I have that opportunity.   :)
  4. It was a beautiful day today – warm, but not sweltering, with a very nice breeze.  It’s the first time I’ve had my AC off in a little over a week, and it’s nice to be able to feel comfortable while saving energy.  My hubby has off tomorrow to go to an appointment with me, and is off on Monday for the holiday as well (even though it’s really on Sunday)!
  5. My Topsy Turvy tree is finally starting to produce some produce!  LOL, sorry, had to go there…  I have quite a few plum tomatoes started, there’s a few flowers blooming on the zucchini plant, and I have one pepper started with a bunch more developing flowers.  I had to spray it for bugs the other day, because my herbs were starting to look like swiss cheese, so I can’t use any of the herbs for another 2 weeks now, but I’m happy to see less destruction and no more bugs!

As you can see, most of my happy’s this week pertained to the twirling group.  I missed being a part of it so much while I lived in NJ, and being back has felt good.  This week especially felt great!  This is a post all about happiness, so I will only speak of that part of this week.  I did receive some bad news at the beginning of the week, but it’s definitely not something open for discussion or comments on here, so I’m concentrating on all the good things from this week, as that’s what this post is all about!

Hope everyone has a fun-filled 4th of July weekend planned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading - happy to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails