Friday, July 2, 2010

Favorite Kitty Pic Friday!




It’s Friday again! Hope you all had a great week and have a fun weekend planned! Welcome to my weekly Friday post. I started this post just to share my love of cats, my own kitties adorable and funny photos, or even just some others that I find amusing. I then decided to open it up with a linky, and try to get others to share as well! This is not strictly a means of getting more followers for me or those who link up (but if that happens, great!) – just a way for us all to share. So if you’d like to join in, here’s what you do:
If you have a blog of your own, grab the button above, put it in your own post, then pick one photo of your own kitty, a friend or family member’s kitty, or even one from the web that you just love. Photography skills do not matter – just a favorite picture. Put the photo in your post along with a little explanation about the photo, a story about the kitty, or just a fun cat fact. Then link up here with the linky below! Share with your friends and invite them to join as well. If you don’t have a blog of your own, but would still like to participate, you can leave a comment below with a link to your picture if it’s somewhere on the internet. I do this every Friday, so get those photos ready! :)
My choice for the week:
100_0162 Meet Cody. Cody was my cat at my parents house, so really the family’s cat. We got him when I was 14 years old, and he was one of the greatest cats I ever met. He was beautiful (yes, I use that term even for males). Cody was suddenly taken away from us in November 2007 at only 12 years of age. He died from cardiomyopathy, which may have been treatable in earlier stages, but the vet missed detecting a murmur, so it went undiagnosed and untreated, until it was too late. I apologize for the sad story behind this photo, but it is his story, and I do remember him fondly. He had a very distinct personality, and he was – simply put – just awesome. I have a few other great pics of him, which I will share in other future posts, and I promise to have happier, funnier stories to go with them. I still miss him today, as no cat will ever be able to replace him, but life goes on, and I adore the cats I have now.
So, onto your favorite felines! Hopefully with happier stories. ;)
Get ready…set…share!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading - happy to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails