Friday, April 29, 2011
Monday, April 11, 2011
I didn’t get to participate in this the last week, maybe even two now – I lost track. This is also supposed to be a Sunday post, but she still has the linky up, so I’m making sure I participate this week, even if I am a little late!
This week’s questions with my answers:
1. do you watch/read the news? Hardly ever. I’m not at a complete loss with what’s going on in the world, thanks to commercials for the news, my dad, and Hubby. Otherwise, reading the news and watching it are usually just too boring for me or depressing.
2. how would you describe your "look"? very casual. I’d probably be an ideal candidate for “What Not to Wear”, but I don’t spend much money on clothing, and when I do buy new stuff it’s to replace something that finally wore out, and I still won’t spend much. I only buy necessary clothing, and I tend to shop at Wal-Mart and Target, sometimes Fashion Bug. I have a hard time finding clothing that fits and is flattering, so most of the time it’s jeans and a t-shirt. Except for right now – it’s maternity clothes from Motherhood Maternity, and I only have a few pieces of that too!
3. did you play sports in high school or college? Only whatever I was required to for phys. ed. classes. I stayed in shape in high school by dancing (tap, jazz, and ballet), and twirling baton. Those are my sports (and yes, I consider them sports – you may have your own opinion, but no debating here, kthanks).
4. would you rather give up lipstick/gloss or high heels? Heels, considering I never wear them anyway. I wore them on my wedding day, and I have a pair of black strappy ones that have a very small heel, but I haven’t worn those in ages because they no longer fit my feet very well. But I use lip gloss/balm at least once a day, sometimes more.
5. what's your favorite show to watch on tv? I can’t really pick a favorite. I watch too much TV, period.
6. would you rather bake or cook? Either. Depends on what I’m baking or cooking. I don’t do much baking because I really shouldn’t eat the products of baking, but I like to do both.
7. shorts or skirts? shorts. I never was much of a skirt/dress wearer, but I did buy a maternity dress for an upcoming wedding, and I am hoping to wear it this weekend for my baby shower as well, depending on the weather and temperature.
8. what's your favorite scary movie? Again, I don’t really have one. I used to watch more scary movies, but lately some of them are just too scary for me and freak me out to the point of not sleeping. Even just thinking about them now is starting to give me the creeps!
I hope everyone had a great weekend!
Saturday, April 9, 2011
I believe I mentioned on here before that Hubby and I were going to tackle the biggest paint job of our entire house last weekend while we had my dad’s help to get started. Well, after a (slightly longer) weeklong process, we finally have all the walls in our front living room, entry, entry hallway, staircase, and upstairs hallway painted. All that’s left to do today is the touch ups. I started off this project, with some of Hubby’s help, one week and two days ago by sanding rough spots on the walls, spackling any divots and imperfections, and fixing nails pops that got missed on the first go around. That fixing didn’t end completely until this past Thursday. The walls were terrible! Every time we thought we had things pretty fixed up and prepped for paint, we’d find more to fix. So, last Saturday the upstairs hallway got painted, on Sunday the staircase got painted, the entry hallway was done on Monday, and then the front living room and entry were finished up between yesterday and the day before. Hubby did end up doing the majority of the work, because painting that much surface area at 28/29 weeks pregnant is even harder work than normal. I feel bad about that because I wish I could have helped more, but my body just couldn’t take any more than it withstood already. He had taken this entire week off for this project and a few appointments we had scheduled, and now he says he’s actually looking forward to starting work again on Monday because he will be more physically relaxed. Except for now we have to clean a majority of the house by Friday afternoon and I most likely will need a lot of his help for that too. The house is a mess to begin with, but adding in all the painting and sanding we’ve had to do, it really needs a good clean up. And I say it has to be done by Friday afternoon because his parents are arriving that evening to stay with us for the weekend since my baby shower is next Saturday. So, needles to say, it’s been a very busy and tiring week, and the next week isn’t looking much better for me. Between the painting and the appointments, and the location the appointments were in, I need a good break, but I probably won’t get that until Monday the 18th! The appointments we had to go to included my 3D ultrasound, which was an hour away, and Hubby’s last oral surgery follow up, which was also an hour away. Both trips took us to good shopping areas as well, so we ended up doing some of that with our time too. I know I missed my Favorite Kitty Friday post, as well as Getting to Know YOU post (I also missed some big blog hop party this week too), but some days I couldn’t even tell you what day it was, and when I wasn’t helping with the painting task, we were not home, eating, or sleeping. I will be very happy when this is all done and I can relax a little more.
To give you insight as to how behind I am on things, my Google Reader count is up to at least 625 unread items, there are at least 40 unread e-mails sitting in my inboxes, and I missed doing those posts this week. Hopefully I will be able to start catching up on things, like trying to do at least 2 posts this week. I would like to do a post about my 3D ultrasound too, but we’ll see how the week goes along. We also started our Prep for Childbirth classes too, so that’s been thrown in there as well. I can’t wait until Monday the 18th…
One last thing before I forget – I read this blog: http://www.lifeofsaucyb.com/ Every Monday, she does a “Make Me Laugh Monday” post where she posts a picture of her cat, and accepts caption ideas. On Thursday of that week, she will pick the commenter who made her laugh/who’s caption she likes best, and this past week my caption was chosen! As a reward, she has my blog button featured on her sidebar. Please check it out, and enjoy her blog!